Benelli patented auto regulating gas operated semi-automatic
Ergal, black anodised with anti-reflection mat finish
STOCK AND FORE-END
Telescopic stock in aluminium alloy
STOCK LENGTH TRIGGER MEASURED / DEVIATION
360 mm / no deviation
DROP AT HEEL
DROP AT COMB
6 shots, for Italian market a 2-rounds plug is available*
Trasversal, amidextrous, with red "arm ready for shooting" signal
3800 gr. approx.
The barrel of the Benelli M4 Super 90 shotgun is chrome-plated inside and has a phosphate-coated outside. The steel Ghost Ring sight system has an adjustable diopter for drift and elevation angle while the MILSPEC antireflection finish protects the external surfaces from wear. Simple and essential assembly make this shotgun easy to dismantle in just a few seconds without the need for tools. The telescopic stock is easily changed for a Hunting stock or a Pistol Grip.
The M4 Super 90 semiautomatic is the combat shotgun used by the US marines since 1998. Benelli Armi won the tender issued by the U.S. Army Armaments Research, Development and Engineering Center (ARDEC), satisfying all the strict functional and operating requisites demanded.
The tender required:
• that at least 5 of the 9 large 00 buck shots contained in a 12-gauge cartridge should hit the shape with 50% of the rounds at a distance of 40 metres;
• maximum 60 seconds to dismantle the weapon;
• maximum 20 minutes to clean and lubricate;
• firing 10,000 rounds with no problems.
The Benelli M4 Super 90 semiautomatic shotgun achieved exceptional results:
• 6 large shots with 100% of rounds;
• 45 seconds to dismantle the weapon;
• cleaning in 10 minutes to be performed every 500 rounds;
• 25,000 rounds shot without any weapon parts needing replacement.